Permanent Resident Card Renew

Get a Permanent Resident Card

Permanent residents who wish to return to Canada are required to have a valid permanent resident card (PR card) upon entry. These cards are valid for five years and can be renewed on a continuous basis, provided the individual has met the residency requirements. To maintain your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days however, do not need to be continuous and some of your time spent abroad may count towards those 730 days. Applications for renewal must also be submitted in Canada for it to be considered eligible.


Watts Immigration Consulting has had years of dedicated experience dealing with a multitude of PR card renewal cases. Our goal is to help you confirm that you have met the necessary qualifications for renewal and provide accurate calculations concerning the number of days spent in Canada to ensure you receive a favorable decision.